College Details -
Unitedworld Institute of Design
Located at Ahmedabad
School Application Link: https://bit.ly/UID-Ahmedabad-Application-2023
Among the top design institutes in India, the United world Institute of Design (UID) is a rarity. Founded with the aim to outclass the top design colleges in India with its state-of-the-art labs and hands-on creative learning, it seeks to create trendsetters and ideators who'll lead the future of design schools in India. UID stands apart from other B. Design colleges in India in the exposure it offers to students which are unmatched by top design colleges in India. Precisely why its popularity grew among design institutes in India in a short span of time.
Infrastructure and Facilities
United world Institute of Design provides world-class facilities at its sprawling campus. The artistic infrastructure at UID includes technologically advanced design labs, audio-visual rooms, libraries and aesthetically designed buildings. More details regarding the UID Ahmedabad infrastructure are mentioned below.
- The library is well-equipped with modern facilities and resources such as books, journals, CD rooms, and online databases.
- UID Ahmedabad library collection includes core subjects from university-run courses like dentistry, Law, Design, Liberal Arts & Mass Communication.
- It has over 18000 books, as well as 100+ print journals and magazines. It has computerised all of its housekeeping tasks.
- UID Ahmedabad library is fully Wi-Fi enabled, and it has a well-established cyber library with 16 networked PCs linked via LAN, allowing users to access electronic resources. It has a seating capacity of more than 150 people.
- UID Ahmedabad has a football field, a cricket ground, a basketball court, a badminton court, a gym, and more.
- The recreational infrastructure promotes an active lifestyle and a health-conscious environment.
- UID Ahmedabad hostel offers on-campus accommodation to students.
- The hostel is equipped with nice rooms, in-house dining, a canteen, wireless internet, room service, study rooms, and an overall peaceful environment.
At UID, we believe in extending our horizons to propel deserving creative minds across the globe. On a regular basis, our delegations visit and establish foreign collaboration in a variety of capacities. This includes but is limited to student exchange programmes, dual degrees, direct admission to postgraduate and PhD programmes, etc. Our global
the network encompasses a large network of foreign universities. They are:
- Coventry University
- DE Montfort University
- Nottingham Trent University
- United World Institute of Design
- University for the Creative Arts
- UC Lan (University of Central Lancashire)
- York St. John University
- University of Northampton
- University of Derby
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Arts University College Bournemouth
- University of Bristol
- Birmingham City University
- Instituto Marangoni
- Domus Academy
- Polimoda, Florence
- College of the Canyons
- Temple University
- Babson College
- Fordham University
- Akademie Mode & Design GmbH
- Koln International School of Design
- University of Applied Science, Germany
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Curtin University
- Asia University
- Universidad Ean, Columbia
- University of Sao Paulo
Why study at UID?
- Valid Degree Course Recognised by and Affiliated to UGC
- Top Class Academia with both Professional as well as Academics Experience from the best institutes like NID, NIFT, IIT, ECT
- State of the art Infrastructure with more than 20 workshop Labs providing access to students pursuing all the disciplines of Design
Internships and Placements
Internship programmes are a bunch of opportunities that lead you to an affair with your dreams. It can be treated as an essential stepping stone towards a rewarding future in terms of national and international placements. The placement department is a quintessential part of any educational institution and the United World Institute of Design is no exception! It proactively provides a platform which facilitates vibrant and continuous interaction between academia and industry.
For information regarding Internships and Placements - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/internship-and-placement/
Programmes offered at UID:
Bachelor of Design (B. Design) Regular
UID’s B. Design Programmes are curated as a well‐structured curriculum that is creatively designed to maximize the student’s learning experience. The rich structure of the programme aims to create a fine balance between theoretical and practical education. The programme focuses on the basics of the field of design while stressing on the possibilities to practice specific skills and knowledge related to specific courses.
It provides an ecosystem of interactive engagement in your programme of study, to enhance your design thinking, problem‐solving, and system thinking ability with a human‐centric approach ‐ imbued with a deep sense of social & environmental responsibility.
The programme takes you through a journey of the creative skills required to excel in your chosen field.
UID offers various specializations in B.Design as depicted below -
- Product Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-product-design-course/
- Interior and Furniture Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-interior-furniture-design-course/
- Lifestyle Accessory Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-lifestyle-accessory-design-course/
- Defence Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/b-design-hons-defence-design/
- Fashion Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-fashion-design-course/
- Visual Communication - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-communication-graphics-course/
- Automobile & Transportation - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-automobile-transportation-design-course/
- Interaction Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-interaction-design-course/
- Animation and Motion Graphic - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/bachelors-of-animation-and-digital-media/
Masters of Design (M. Design)
UID offers various specializations in M.Design as depicted below -
- Industrial Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/masters-of-industrial-design-course/
- Fashion Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/masters-of-fashion-design-course/
- Visual Experiential Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/masters-of-visual-experiential-design-course/
- Interior and Experience Design - https://karnavatiuniversity.edu.in/uid/masters-of-interior-experience-design-course/
Qualification for B.Des – 12th or HSC from a Recognised Board of Education
Qualification for M.Des – Bachelor’s Degree from a Recognised University or Educational
Tier 1 – Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
1. General IQ Test
2. Analytical Test
3. Creative Ability Test
Tier 2 – Situation Test & Portfolio Evaluation