Discuss - A forum for NATA, NID, UCEED, CEED & NIFT aspirants / experts.
how much should we score in nata and the board xams to get admission in cept? 2 years ago
for NON - Locals : 150 + in NATA and 95+ in boards
For Locals - 100+ in NATA and 80+ in boards.
in jee paper there was a question regarding the non qualified architects but all the options where people who had their b arch degrees isn't the question debatable? 2 years ago
Prathith Puttaparthy T
I agree all the four have studies architecture while arundathi roy is a writer and Reno fernandez is a singer.
But on the other hand, Talking about Satish guzral
. He moved to Bombayin in 1944 and enrolled in sir J.J school of architecture in 1947, due to a recurring sickness he was forced to drop out of school and leave Bombay.
Is wadiyar school of architecture taking students based on the nata score ,if or if not why did they mention about cet and comedk seats in the website? 2 years ago
the admission counselling for Architecture in karnataka happens through CET or COMDEK. Student needs to submit their NATA and 12th score to respective admission councelling Cells ( CET / COMEDK). There are certain number of seats allocated in each collage through these 2 cells. Based on the merit and ranking students are allotted the seats.
there was a question in jee p2 -"which country is called as the roof of the world the options were -a.tibet b.mongolia c.uzbekistan d.japan. we know tibet is called the roof of the world but tibet is not a country then is the option right? 2 years ago
Prathith Puttaparthy T
Tibetians are a small, religious, and independent nation.The region has its own national flag, capital city, currency, stamps, passports and army; signed international treaties, and maintained diplomatic relations with neighbouring countries.
hence it is considered as a country but it's debatable.
Is kcet ranking is counted to get best architectural colleges ? 2 years ago
KCET ranking for Architecture will be considered for admission into best colleges in Karnataka.
KCET ranking for Architecutre will be generated based on students NATA+12th Score.
can we use scale in NATA? 2 years ago
Prathith Puttaparthy T
Scale is not allowed in NATA 2018 exam.
Please refer page 15 (appendix II) of information brochure for more details.
If our board marks is less like around 70% and we get good score in NATA,are there chances of getting good college or is it not at all possible ? 2 years ago
Possible if you get a NATA score of above 150+
What are the expected drawing questions for JEE mains paper 2? 2 years ago
You would be given minimum 2 drawing questions. one would be a 3d composition or a theme sketch that you are required to color. the second one would be a 2 d composition or a mirroring/ scaling/ rotation of a pattern.
3D composition -
- Create an interesting composition using bread slices, cucumber pieces and a jam bottle. create shade and shadows.
- Draw earthen pots of different shapes and sizeses. create shades and shadows.
- draw an interesting composition using 6 tyres. create shades and shadows.
- there is a glass on a table and inside the glass there are 2 tooth brushes and one tooth paste, and there is a shaving brush lieng besidet the glass on the table. do all the shades and shadows.
- Using a object with a square, an rectangular object and pyramid, create a composition
Theme Sketch -
- imagine you are in a museum and there are no people in it. draw what you see.
- you are a bird flying over the ruins, draw what you see.
- you are 6 cms in ht and are on an explorer table. there are 2 large books a globe and a map. draw what you see.
- you are 6 cm in height and are on a newspaper at a door. draw what you see.
- you are inside a ticket counter ( a ticket issuer). there is a long queue outside the ticket counter. draw what you see.
2D composition -
- Create an interesting composition using trigonometric shapes. colour using any 3 colours.
- Design a tshirt graphic on " save girl child"
- Create a logo for a snack bar using only basic geometric shapes. colour using any 5 colours.
- Create a graphic on save earth using only geometrical shapes. colour using any 4 colours
- Slice a rectangle with 3 straight lines and 1 curved line, all freehand lines. colour using any 4 colours.
for the next question - In the 2014 drawing paper for JEE(available on the JEE official website), there's a question asking us to draw a 140mm×210mm rectangle and make the composition in it. How are we supposed to do this without a scale?
Answer - 140 mm : 210mm is a 1:1.5 ratio. In JEE scale is not allowed. hence you need to make an approximation. You can take reference of size of a known object. like for example a full length standard pencil is size is about 19 cm or 190 mm. so you can make an approximation of of how much would be 140 mm. once you determine 140 mm, you need to increase it by 1.5 times to get 210 mm.
hope this is helpfull.